About Downloads Links Sitemap Guestbook Forum

ShahBandar and Merang jetty

Please read the Visiting and Transport pages for related information first. Discuss transportation, visiting season, schedules, travel/transport companies and general travel tips.

Shahbandar jetty

Postby Alex Kang » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:11 pm

yus wrote:hi ill be stayin at berjaya too in april...jus wanna knoe is the shahbandar a walkin distance from KT bus terminal?? i might be taking transnational from s'pore.....

Shahbandar jetty is walking distance (about 10 min walk) from the KT Express Bus terminal (also known as Tanjung bus station). If I'm not mistaken, it is located at Jalan Bandar (?) very near the general post office / tourist info centre / market in KT. Just ask the locals to point you in the right direction upon arrival.

Kuhan wrote:i want to stay in Redang Kalong resort. is it located at a nice beach. can i have a good seafood dinner anywhere out of the hotel?

my air asia flight arrives at 8.05 am, do i have enough time to catch the 9.30 ferry from Merang Jetty?

my flight back is at 9.20 pm, what can i do in Terengganu from 3 pm untill 9 pm with all my luggage to carry about. any hotels offering day stay to just take a bath and put our luggage?

Kalong resort is located along a fairly private stretch of beach shared by Mozana Redang and Redang Inn (closed). Personally, I prefer the wider sandy beaches at Berjaya and Pasir Panjang but that's not to say the beach at Kalong is not nice, just not as nice as the other 2. Compared to Pasir Panjang, Kalong beach offers more privacy, less crowds and less noise. Good seafood dinner outside the resort? None at Kalong. Closest are at the various resorts situated around Pasir Panjang but you probably wouldn't want to trek over at night. At Berjaya, you can get kampung style restaurants at the nearby village.

Airport to Merang is about 30-40 min. You'll get to Merang on time provided your flight isn't late and your pickup is punctual (I'm assuming you're arranging with Redang Kalong for pickup, if not you can take a cab).

On your return, you may be able to arrange with the resort to leave your luggage at their mainland office. Alternatively, leave them at the baggage counter at the Tanjung express bus station (have to pay a small sum). You should be able to explore much of the town centre on foot (the central market is quite interesting), or pay a visit to the museum (largest one in Malaysia in terms of building size). Check with the mainland resort staff for tips.
Alex Kang
Redang Island Rendezvous
http://www.redang.org
[ Protect our coral reefs.... be a responsible visitor ]
Alex Kang
Site Admin

Re: ShahBandar and Merang jetty

Postby yus » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:00 pm

admin wrote:ShahBandar and Merang jetty
-- Pete, Wed, May 21 2003, 4:57:32
I'm a newbie to Redang. I've already booked a room at Berjaya Redang from their website for 3d2n in june and booked the return ferry also. But the jetty mentioned is at ShahBandar jetty. Is this the same as Merang jetty? If not, where is this ShahBandar jetty? Is it near to the bus station in Kuala Terengganu? I appreciate your kind assistance on this. Thanks!

Replies:
-- missy, Wed, May 21 2003, 19:16:21
This jetty should be the one in KT, near the market. Saw it last week & thought that was Merang jetty ! No such luck - this jetty only for Berjaya - we gotta drive another 45mins to MJ....

hi ill be stayin at berjaya too in april...jus wanna knoe is the shahbandar a walkin distance from KT bus terminal?? i might be taking transnational from s'pore.....
yus

Eating and extra time waiting for departure

Postby Kuhan » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:59 am

Dear Sir/Mdm,

i want to stay in Redang Kalong resort. is it located at a nice beach. can i have a good seafood dinner anywhere out of the hotel?

my air asia flight arrives at 8.05 am, do i have enough time to catch the 9.30 ferry from Merang Jetty?

my flight back is at 9.20 pm, what can i do in Terengganu from 3 pm untill 9 pm with all my luggage to carry about. any hotels offering day stay to just take a bath and put our luggage?

thank you

Kuhan
Kuhan

Postby admin » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:23 am

-- Pete, Wed, May 21 2003, 4:57:32
I'm a newbie to Redang. I've already booked a room at Berjaya Redang from their website for 3d2n in june and booked the return ferry also. But the jetty mentioned is at ShahBandar jetty. Is this the same as Merang jetty? If not, where is this ShahBandar jetty? Is it near to the bus station in Kuala Terengganu? I appreciate your kind assistance on this. Thanks!

Replies:
-- missy, Wed, May 21 2003, 19:16:21
This jetty should be the one in KT, near the market. Saw it last week & thought that was Merang jetty ! No such luck - this jetty only for Berjaya - we gotta drive another 45mins to MJ....
admin
Site Admin

Return to Visiting Redang