About Downloads Links Sitemap Guestbook Forum

Possible to change depart timing?-Island to Shahbandar Jetty

Spooky island stories? Marine aquariums? Discuss anything else that doesn't fit into the other forum headings here.

Postby Jules » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:05 am

Hey Fieryguy,

I remember the last time I went to Redang a year back, the ferry departed late from Laguna.. During the ferry ride back, I received a call from 5 Star coach driver asking if i have reached Merang Jetty. He couldn't leave untill everyone on board the bus were accounted for.

Which made me feel quite reassured. I was so afraid that the coach will run off !!! without waiting for me (and my cousins who were with me on vacation) But he waited and we finally reach Merang Jetty, 30mins late.. :p

Do leave one or two contact numbers with 5 Star Tours (they will pass on the details to the coach drivers) Thus, they can contact you if there's any changes.

Also, plaster the 5 Star sticker on a prominent spot (i.e bag strap, the front of your tee, not the forehead, unless you want to really really stand out, haha) abit 'tak glam' but it's easier to be spotted by your bus operator...:D

And yes, it's good to keep the contact number of 5 Star so you can contact them if the need arises.

But whatever it is, don't worry too much about it. Do enjoy your holiday and have a greaaat time!

Cheers~
Jules
Jules

Postby Fieryguy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:43 am

Hi Tango,

Thanks for the advice, would have panic if this situation occurs. k k will keep the five stars number with me all the time.

^^
Fieryguy

Postby tango » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:40 pm

Hi Fieryguy,

We just got back from Redang on 31st March. The Five Star coach was suppose to depart at 11:30AM but ended up leaving at 10AM on Korsortium Snoozer Sleeper coach.

We took the 7AM Laguna ferry, the Laguna boat moved off at about 7:20 and we arrived Shabandar Jetty at 9:05AM. We wondered around a little to explore/take-pictures and return back to the jetty to take photos of Berjaya boat when the Kortsortium driver approached us and informed us that we are assigned on his bus.

The coach operator may request that you put on a sticker for easy identification upon disembarking at Shahbandar Jetty... which we did not do... but the Konsortium driver apparently did find us afterall.

Do look out for your coach upon arrival at Shahbandar Jetty and have your coach operator hotline number handy incase you need to confirm the return timing has been advanced/changed. I suppose, if we had really wandered far off and did not link up with the Konsortium driver, Five Star would have made provision for our original pick-up time at 11:30AM.

tango 8)
tango

Postby Fieryguy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:21 pm

^^ Will try to write a review after i got back
Fieryguy

Postby Jules » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:54 am

Hey Fieryguy,

Most welcome! :)

Yupz. if you do have the time to spare, why not explore the town area @ Shahbandar Jetty? It's interesting to walk around..and before you know it, the couple hours has passed and your coach is here!

Redang Beach Resort's a nice place to stay at. Plus, there are other resorts to explore along the whole stretch of Pasir Panjang beach.

Enjoy your stay at Redang, hope to see your trip review soon! God, i wish im going too.. eventhough i just got back! *grins*

Have a good holiday!!

Cheers~
Jules
Jules

Postby Fieryguy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:25 pm

Thanks Jules,

Now I understand what to do during the waiting time for coach, great idea to explore the town. Since already there y not ^^ Will be staying at Redang Beach Resort. From picture at RBR website. the deluxe room looks nice. 1st time to redang, really looking for ward to this trip.
Fieryguy

Postby Jules » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi Fieryguy,

Usually, ferry timings are fixed and are similar across the resorts. I'm not too sure if you can hop onto another ferry from other resorts - I would suggest checking with the front desk of your resort when checking in if it's possible and could they make the arrangements for you.
Do prepare for factors like; paying extra, checkin out extra early from your resort, and lugging your luggage yourself all the way to the other resorts to catch their ferry. In all, it may not save you much time. Cause normally when you book a resort package, everything has been arranged for you, including transfer from redang to jetty.

What resort will you be staying at? I just got back from Redang couple of days ago. Stayed at Laguna Redang and caught the 7am ferry to Shahbandar jetty. My coach was due at noon, but as the next ferry timing will clash so we had to take the 7am ferry. We had a couple hours to spare upon reaching Shahbandar so went to explore the town area.

What i can suggest if you do have time to spare once you reach the jetty, explore the town area at shahbandar, grab a cab - go have something to eat and walk around. It's fun exploring :)

Cheers~
Jules
Jules

Possible to change depart timing?-Island to Shahbandar Jetty

Postby Fieryguy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi all, I am new to this forum and redang. Just a question as per my subject title.

Actually I was hoping to stay in redang a hr or two more, but the resort i stay only provide out ferry at 630am, 11am and 12 noon. Because my coach will depart shahbandar jetty at 1130am on 9th May (saturday), my group would have to leave redang at 630am, reach at 8am and wait for 3.5 hrs at shahbandar jetty.

Thus would like to ask if it is possible to hop onto another ferry not provided by the resort i stay in? Please advice

^^ Thanks for assisting
Fiery
Fieryguy

Return to Miscellaneous topics