About Downloads Links Sitemap Guestbook Forum

Lang Tengah/Redang vs. Tioman

Discuss Perhentian, Lang Tengah, Tenggol or other Malaysian islands here. Some related information can be found in the Islands and Diary pages.

Postby Enock » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:33 pm

I'll also second you both...
Tioman still has some areas that look like paradise but some places are ruined also. Nipah, Paya, Genting, Mukut are the heavens on the earth... :shock:
Pass the testking 642-436 in first attempt. Use the testking 646-363 braindumps and pass the exam.
Enock

Postby knobi » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:17 am

I agree with Khairil- you can still find nice places on Tioman. Just check it here: http://www.mytioman.com/opencms/opencms ... ml?lang=en (this website seems to have problems, sorry)

Tioman has much more cheap accomodations than Redang and Tenggah, but also high quality resorts.
It's also great for diving, many different spots, but mainly according to the small islands around Tioman. Snorkelling like on Tenggah and Redang (just go to the beach, jump in the water and enjoy the healthy corals) is also possible in Tioman, but you might be dissappointed: only few fishes and many corals are dead close to the beach. Better to make a snorkelling-trip by boat- to coral island for example.

I say the islands in Terengganu are still much nicer (even the business is growing too fast), but Tioman is a trip worth if you are a scubadiving-junky or if Terengganu is too far for a trip.

regards
Stefan
knobi

Tioman vs Lang Tengah/Redang

Postby Khairil Anwar » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:15 pm

That depends on where you stay in Tioman. If you stay in Nipah, Paya, Genting, Mukut on the south western parts or Juara on the north eastern side, you will still be able be able to find your 'paradise on earth'. But if you stay in the middle of the island, that's a different story... 8)
Khairil Anwar
PADI Instructor #462705,
Berjaya Tioman Dive Centre,
Berjaya Tioman Resort,
Tioman Island, Malaysia.
+(6)017-303 1144
DiveRedang(at)Gmail.com.
Khairil Anwar

Lang Tengah/Redang vs. Tioman

Postby sierra » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:29 am

I visited Lang Tengah and Redang a couple of years ago in August, and thought they were magnificent. This year, we'd still like to go to one of the East Coast islands but for logistical reasons getting to Trengganu is just a bit far for us. We were thinking of going to Tioman instead, but I've heard conflicting reports about what it's like there. Some say it's ruined, some still report a "paradise on earth". For anyone who has been to both areas recently, how do the two compare? Thanks.
sierra

Return to Other islands